Connect to Recovery is a 24/7 hotline that anyone can call for support from people within the recovery community.
When someone calls in, a respondent will ask about their needs and demographics, and then redirect them to one of over 50 volunteers in the call tree. The call tree is divided into four categories for men or women above or below the age of 30. Additionally, each volunteer is someone at least a year into recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. This lets the caller connect with someone who can offer meaningful support based on relatable experiences.
The volunteer will do whatever they can to help the caller. Some of the ways they can help include:
- Talking on the phone to give advice and encouragement and to answer questions.
- Meeting in an informal setting such as a coffee shop to discuss recovery.
- Sitting in on interventions or family meetings.
- Providing rides to and from treatments and meetings.
- Scheduling follow-up meetings and check-ins to develop an ongoing relationship.